I'm upgrading puppet from 3.3.1 to 3.6.2 on Suse Linux Enterprise 11 SP3

The puppet service wont start with this error collected error from
/var/log/puppet/puppet.conf
Fri Aug 15 13:12:35 -0500 2014 Puppet (err): Could not parse application

It looks to me that the init script needs to be changed to use masterport
instead of port.   I'm not sure that it's something that needs to be
changed in the file or something that needs to be fixed in the spec file?