On Monday, September 1, 2014 5:57:58 PM UTC-5, Jason Oakley wrote:

> My servers were working fine, when I got this error:
> Inventory
> Could not retrieve facts from inventory service: SSL_connect returned=1
> errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: sslv3 alert certificate
> revoked
>
> Now, everything was working fine. Due to this error, I re-created the
> certificate and all was well. Then, I logged onto the Master a day or two
> later and the certificate is yet again revoked.
> How do I stop this?

Puppet does not perform automatic certificate revokations.  I have
personally crawled the code to check.  IIRC, the last time we had a
question like this one, the user eventually discovered a separate automated
process in his environment that was revoking certain certificates.  If you
have any kind of automated process around issuing certs, then that's the
first place I would look.

You could also consider making your ssl/ directory and everything in it
read-only (immutable, if necessary), to try to identify the rogue behavior
by forcing it to error out.

John