> We are running PuppetDB 1.6.0. We have fact 'a' in puppetdb that has large
> numbers occasionally, such as 2930266584. When we launch a query /v3/facts/a
> with filter '["<", "value", 1950341121]' it returns code 200 with an empty
> body, while puppetdb.log shows a new error:
>
>> 2014-10-15 11:20:41,293 ERROR [clojure-agent-send-off-pool-15310]
>> [v3.facts] Error streaming response
>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: value "2930266584" is out of
>> range for type integer
>

> The table stores values in strings, and apparently the query cannot convert
> large values into integers. Could someone please check if this issue also
> exists with newer versions?

In future versions the coercement is gone and types are supported. So
in this case to do something similar you must be using structured
facts and you must store the values as integers, they get stored in a
big int column, and the comparison will be uncoerced. Only signed big
int is supported today, there is no support for arbitrary precision
decimals.

ken.