I am testing out the new puppetserver
<https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-server/blob/master/documentation/install_from_packages.markdown>and

finding a problem with referencing a gem installed to the local ruby.

A custom function is installed to
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/pupppet/parser/functions/myfunction.rb.  It
makes use of the mysql2 gem

    module Puppet::Parser::Functions
      newfunction(:myfunction, :type => :rvalue) do |args|
        require 'mysql2'
    end

The mysql2 gem is installed to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql2-0.3.16/lib/mysql2.rb.

When doing a puppet run on a managed node we get the following error.

    Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: no such file to load -- mysql2

My question is: How make a gem visible to the new puppetserver so it can be
used by a custom function?

I should note this set up works fine when running puppetmaster 3.7 instead
of the new puppetserver.