Peter, Felix,
Thank you for your answers!

I guess my improperly worded question was about figuring out whether Puppet
has a concept similar to what Chef calls a wrapper cookbook.

Felix, the "sensei" is my actual folder name, I just substituted for
generic names and may have forgotten to subst one or two occurrences.
To be clear, I have two modules:
- The "main" one I'm using for my testing, called "sensei".
- Within it, I have a subfolder called "modules", containing an "nginx"
module.
By now I actually moved the nginx module to its own individual Git repo,
and added a Puppetfile with the dependency. That works but hasn't helped
with my problem, though.

If I place my file in sensei/files/mysite.conf and try to invoke it using
this source:
puppet:///modules/sensei/mysite.conf
It doesn't work.