On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:06:38 AM UTC-4, JZacharias wrote:

> Hi All, Can someone help me to understand chef & puppet detail. I am new
> to this

Hello,
I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your question, but what I'm getting is
that you're trying to understand what Chef and Puppet do? If that's your
intent, then you should know that they are both configuration management
tools. At their core, they do the same thing, they just go about it in
different ways.

You might want to start by reading the following:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Configuration_management
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_%28software%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_%28software%29

As far as Puppet goes, you can easily take it for a spin yourself with the
Learning VM: https://puppetlabs.com/download-learning-vm
I hope this helps.