Has anyone thought about or tried to have r10k run against a mysql backend
to populate at least the information the puppetfile gives?

Updating each puppetfile for a large number of “Environments” can be
burdonsome when we have to update the version on a number of modules.  We
already have all of our hiera data in a mysql backend and would like to try
to simplify some processes.

Thanks,
Patrick