Gareth,

I know this thread is old but do you have a way in the Rakefile to exclude
the dependent modules?
For example dependent modules that include different package resources
based on OSfamily and version are something that module controls and tests
I just need to make sure that the module is included in my catalog and any
defined types used in my module get tested.
(dependentmodule::resource['foo'])
I've seen some other posts hacking rspec coverage.rb which probably isn't
good (https://github.com/rodjek/rspec-puppet/issues/364).
I've noticed the filtered?(resource) in rspec-puppet just documented of how
to implement.
Hopefully you can help here.

Thanks