Can you explain the symptoms of your problem a bit more, and link to the NRPE
module you are using if it's open source?

You've described everything you've checked, but I still don't know exactly
what's wrong / failing and what you are expecting to see :-)

Does the NRPE module collect exported resources? Could you be collecting Redhat
resources onto your ubuntu machine?

There may be some level of catalog caching happening here, but to get just the
operating system Facts confused and nothing else seems unlikely. You could try
turn unlplug PuppetDB from your Master temporarily (storeconfigs = false?) and
see what catalog gets compiled then. The Master should also have the latest
Facts for every node on disk in YAML format here:

ls -ld /var/lib/puppet/yaml/facts/$(hostname).yaml

Assuming that's still the right path in Puppet 4.

--
Luke Bigum
Senior Systems Engineer

Information Systems