Thanks.

While I see that Ansible is a nice tool, the clientless access requiring a
login has a fatal flaw when compared to puppet.

More than once we have had a PAM, SSHD or similar setup get corrupted over
dozens, if not all, systems. We were able to fix in Puppet and get the
corrections pushed out. With Ansible we would have needed to hard shut then
down and come up in single user mode.

In fact this very post is related to ensuring we can fix issues with PAM
related to our third party AD with tool.  We had a typo in the setup that
locked all access, even console, out because we broke PAM.

On Sep 16, 2016 03:06, "Thomas Müller" <tho...@chaschperli.ch> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2016 14:53:57 UTC+2 schrieb HPUX_PUPPET:

> This post was mainly about seeing if Puppet / Factor had been tweaked over
> the years to pull lists of installed RPMs given Red Hat Satellite 6 using
> Puppet as part of their software management and server build solution.
>
>  unfortunatly besides integration of Puppet in foreman GUI it's not very
sophisticated in sense of additonal features to manage RHEL systems. I
first hoped they will release supported puppet modules to make
configuration of basic stuff easy but this did not happen.

now they bought ansible I don't think they will make investments in better
support. IMHO Puppet 4 is still not supported on the satellite 6 server.

- Thomas

msgid/puppet-users/d48d5590-cda0-4052-a727-295ec3e891dc%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/d48d5590-cda0-4052-a727-295ec3e891dc%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.