Warren,

It sounds like you have a single all in one master, which makes it pretty
simple. If not, then the answers below may oversimplify the process.

To do this in place, I think you want to go to 2015.3.3 then the latest
version. There was essentially a break in the upgrader around that point so
you can't go straight to the latest, and I think 2015.3.3 had the least
caveats around it as an intermediate step. I used it as my step between 3.8
and 2016.4.1, the latest at the time of my upgrade, so I think you should
be fine. Certainly you should check the release notes for any edge cases
first, of course.

There's nothing wrong with making a new VM, though. If you're using the
classifier, then you should read up on exporting and importing that
information. I don't use it so I don't have any experience to share, sorry.
Same thing for Console configs like authentication and such.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:13 PM warron.french <warron.fre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can upgrade from PE 2015.2.2?
>
> Do I need to give up, and build a separate new VM and install the latest
> PE version?
>
> Thank you.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/CAJdJdQkLSUMNYBu2LbW7CLu903YXKPh6ggao5yJH6ehOoaE83g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/CAJdJdQkLSUMNYBu2LbW7CLu903YXKPh6ggao5yJH6ehOoaE83g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>