On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 2:41:29 PM UTC-6, Ligne Six wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm wondering if it is possible to define-declare a class. Something like
> inlining:
>
> instead of:
>
> ```
> include hello_distro
>

> class hello_distro {
>

>      notify { "Running on distro: ${facts['os']['family']}": }
>

>  }
> ```
>
> have something like:
>
> ```
> include class hello_distro {
> }

No, Puppet has no such feature *per se*, but I don't see what advantage you
hope it would provide, relative to simply declaring the contents of the
class body directly at the same point.

Moreover, if you're inclined to declare a class in the same manifest in
which you define it -- which runs counter to the prevailing views on good
style -- I don't see how being able to merge those into a single statement
would provide more than the most trivial advantage.  You would save
yourself literally *one word* of code by not repeating the class name.

John

John