I'm trying to stop rpc-svcgssd.service on some servers. But I thing I've hit a
bug.

This service is marked as static:
 systemctl status  rpc-svcgssd.service
 rpc-svcgssd.service - RPC security service for NFS server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rpc-svcgssd.service; static; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)

And that prevent it to be masked;
puppet resource service rpc-svcgssd.service enable=mask
service { 'rpc-svcgssd.service':
  enable => 'true',
}

And I I launch with --debug:
Debug: Executing: '/usr/bin/systemctl is-enabled rpc-svcgssd.service'
Debug: Unable to enable or disable static service rpc-svcgssd.service

Indeed, that's why I want to mask it !

systemctl says:
/usr/bin/systemctl is-enabled rpc-svcgssd.service
static

But worst;
If I put that in my modules:
    service{'rpc-svcgssd':
        enable => mask,
    }
It don't fails, so I'm even not aware that masking fails.

The easy work around is to add a symlink to /dev/null, that's how mask works.