I am happy to announce the release of version 0.6.0 of the Puppet
Development Kit (PDK) to the Puppet community. The open-source PDK
facilitates an easy, unified development workflow for Puppet modules, and
should appeal both to newcomers and experienced developers.
For a list of enhancements and bug fixes since the 0.5.0 release, please
refer to the included CHANGELOG (https://github.com/
With the PDK you can:
- Quickly get started with module development best practices and tools
to develop, test and publish high-quality Puppet modules with confidence
- Shift quality to the left by catching issues earlier and faster,
before Puppet code is applied to live infrastructure
- Unit test modules from their workstation to ensure that Puppet code is
creating and managing resources as intended
You can learn more about how to install and use the PDK by reviewing the
README (https://github.com/puppetlabs/pdk) or the Getting Started guide (
OS native packages are available for a variety of platforms:
- *Windows (7/10/2012/2016):* https://puppet-pdk.s3.amazonaws.com/
- *macOS 10.12 (Sierra):* https://puppet-pdk.
- *macOS 10.11 (El Capitan):* https://puppet-pdk.
- *RHEL 7:* https://puppet-pdk.s3.amazonaws.com/pdk/0.6.0.0/
- *RHEL 6:* https://puppet-pdk.s3.amazonaws.com/pdk/0.6.0.0/
- *SLES 12:* https://puppet-pdk.s3.amazonaws.com/pdk/0.6.0.0/
- *SLES 11:* https://puppet-pdk.s3.amazonaws.com/pdk/0.6.0.0/
- *Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial):* https://puppet-pdk.
- *Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty):* https://puppet-pdk.
The OS native packages constitute a complete, "batteries-included"
development environment including Ruby and all other dependencies necessary
for using the PDK.
In addition, the core 'pdk' gem is available on Rubygems (
Note that we consider this a pre-release/tech preview. This iteration of
the PDK is feature complete and we want to get your feedback now as we work
towards a 1.0 release.
Please report any issues you find as a ticket on the PDK (
https://github.com/puppetlabs/pdk/issues/) project in GitHub.
- Windows packages require PowerShell 5+ and a script “ExecutionPolicy”
of at least “RemoteSigned” (Future releases will work all the way up to
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Puppet Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.