On Mon, 12 Feb 2018, at 17:43, Sven vd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently our infrastructure and code is written with and run by puppet 4
> opensource.
>
> We are using https://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/7/PC1/x86_64/ repos for updates
> of our installed software, puppetserver, puppetdb, puppet agent.
>
> Since puppet 5 was released the puppet 5 packages shifted to another repo
> https://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppet/el/7/x86_64/. We are not using this repo
> since we are currently on puppet 4 codebase.
>
> So the question is, how long will the
> https://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/7/PC1/x86_64/  repo get updates (security
> fixed, improvements etc) and when is open source puppet 4 considered End Of
> Life?

if you look at the Puppet Enterprise support cycle and figure out which is the
last one with Puppet 4 then you will know when 4 will be EOL.  If I read it
right it looks to be around July 2018.

Upgrade to Puppet 5 from 4 is pretty trivial, so should be easy for you to
follow along.

--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar