Does anyone know the best way to handle an upgrade of postgresql that is
being used as the backend of PuppetDB?  I've got some PuppetDB 4.2
instances talking to Postgresql 9.4.7 and want to do a minor upgrade to
9.4.15.  I've already tested the procedure using a cloned Postgresql
instance, and it only takes 10 minutes (this is on AWS using RDS by the
way).

My thought is that PuppetDB will automatically recover after Postgresql
comes back, but I'm not sure, as I can't find any documentation anywhere
about this scenario.

I could also simply shutdown the PuppetDB while the Postgresql upgrade is
happening, but not sure if that would be necessary.  I seem to remember
reading somewhere that PuppetDB will queue up any reports/facts and such
that come in while the backend is down, but I've not been able to dig up
any docs that say that, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly or not.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this scenario?

Thanks,

   --Mark