Hi Guys,

I am using foreman and puppet to provision/manage systems.  I have a simple
motd module that I was using for all my systems but now have a need to
setup a different motd for a specific hostgroup/type of systems.  So, I
though I would use the hostgroup hiera setup from foreman/puppet to decide
which motd to use.  I wrote something quickly to test but have unexpected
results and was hoping someone here can help me make sense of this:

--
my hostgroup for system 1 is CSOE73_Prod/hpc/misc and for system 2 is
CSOE73_Prod/hpc/compute.

if [$hostgroup == 'CSOE73_Prod/hpc/misc'] {
  file { "/etc/motd":
    ensure => file,
    content => template('clientos/motd.erb')
else {
  file { "/etc/motd":
    ensure => file,
    source => 'puppet:///modules/clientos/etc/motd',
    mode => 644,
    owner => 'root',
    group => 'root',

However, for both systems the motd.erb template is being applied.  However,
my expectation was that for system 2 it would just use the files/etc/motd
file.  Is it maybe the backslash in CSOE73_Prod/hpc/misc that might be
throwing it off?  Am I going about this totally the wrong way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-J