On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 8:45:18 AM UTC-5, Trevor Vaughan wrote:

> Hey John,
>
> We've tested it all the way through a running Puppet 5 from upstream at
> this point.
>
> Feedback is most welcome!
>
> Trevor

Hey Trevor,

simp/simplib looks like it has a lot of useful tools and features, and
clearly it can teach me some things I didn't know.  Thanks again for that.

It's a lot more than I want at the moment, however.  I may well come back
to it, but for the moment I just appropriated your approach to accessing
the current run's settings (I didn't even take the whole fact).  I can
confirm that it indeed does work with Puppet 5.4.0 / Facter 3, so it is
precisely what I was looking for.

Cheers,

John