Your simplest and most straightforward upgrade path would be to port the
CSV file to a common.yaml file and then switch to using lookup() with
hieradata. Later on, you can start differentiating and build a sane data
hierarchy.

Check out the docs at https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/latest/hiera_quick.html