On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 2:33:11 PM UTC-5, Salty Old Cowdawg wrote:

> Using the puppetlabs/puppetdb module to manage PuppetDB I'm seeing way to
> much red text and PuppetDB is not "refreshing" meaning restarting. It is
> failing with an error message
>  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Specified bootstrap config file does
> not exist: '/etc/puppetlabs/puppetdb/bootstrap.cfg'
>
> and yet the file is really there and contains:

If PuppetDB complains that a file does not exist then what it has actually
detected is very likely something slightly different: that it cannot open
that file.  That can happen when the file exists if there is an access
control problem, which is very likely your situation.  Check the ownership
and mode of the file in question.  If you are running SELinux in enforcing
mode, then also check your system log or specialized SELinux monitoring
tools for signs that access has been denied by that mechanism.

John