As stated above if you match the existing file with a yumrepo resource then
yes it will effectively change just the file but puppet will now own that
so it has to match or else it will create a new file.

So if the existing file looks like this...

[BaseOS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=BaseOS&infra=$infra
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/$contentdir/$releasever/BaseOS/$basearch/os/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-centosofficial

And you now want to just enable it then something like this may work...

yumrepo { 'BaseOS':
  desc => 'CentOS-$releasever - Base
  mirrorlist =>
'http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=BaseOS&infra=$infra'
  gpgcheck => 0
  enabled => 1
  gpgkey => 'file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-centosofficial'
}

And if you can't get it to work and you absolutely cannot have two similar
files with one disabled and one enabled then look a something like fileline
in the stdlib to edit a line in a file - but the yumrepo resource type is
the way to go.

Tip: you need to get a test host so you can just start playing with this
stuff and seeing how it works. Also please read the resource type docs as
they are great : https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/5.5/types/yumrepo.html