In regard to: Re: [Puppet Users] upgrading opensource from 5.5 to 6.x,...:

Hi Tim,

Major difference between Puppet 5 and 6:
- some types have been moved to separate git module repositories
- puppet cert command has been moved to puppet server ca command (see also
https://www.example42.com/2018/10/08/puppet6-ca-upgrading/
<https://www.example42.com/2018/10/08/puppet6-ca-upgrading/>)

The Puppet doc has more information:
https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/latest/release_notes_puppet.html#puppet-deprecations-x.0.0

<https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/latest/release_notes_puppet.html#puppet-deprecations-x.0.0>

So this is far later than it should be, but I wanted to follow-up
and thank you for your reply.

After having been through the 3.8.x to 5.x upgrade, I thought I had
to be missing something for the 5.x to 6.x upgrade.  Turns out I wasn't,
5.x to 6.x was just a lot easier than 3.8.x to 5.x.  Martin's info
confirmed that I had found everything I needed.  The Example42 blog
post Martin linked was also very helpful in working around the CA changes.

The upgrade went smoothly and we've been using 6.x for a few weeks now.

Thanks again!

Tim