hi, thanks for the reply.  This is all for PE, but i'm using puppet 6 OSS..

It used to work this way in 5.5 too, so I don't understand why its not
seeing hiera in the preprod environment.  I could always do this:

- make changed in preprod, and git commit there
- cd to prod, then:
- git remote update,
- git merge --ff-only preprod/master
- cd back to preprod, then