Am 24.03.2022 um 15:18 schrieb Tim Skirvin:
Helmut Schneider <jumpe...@gmx.de> writes:

    paths:
      - "%{::operatingsystem}-%{::operatingsystemrelease}.yaml"
      - "%{::operatingsystem}-%{::virtual}.yaml"
      - "%{::operatingsystem}.yaml"
      - "%{::kernel}.yaml"

I'm trying to knockout "opennntpd". This works on CentOS in CentOS.yaml:

         I've got a very different hiera layout than you, but I've run into
this problem as well, and I also haven't been able to find a good way to
describe it well enough to file a bug about it.  FYI.  I set:

   - name: "zone/role/subrole + common"
     paths:
       - "zones/%{zone}/%{role}/%{subrole}.yaml"
       - "zones/%{zone}/%{role}.yaml"
       - "zones/%{zone}.yaml"
       - common.yaml

Interesting, I changed the order in hiera.yaml to

>>     paths:
>>       - "%{::operatingsystem}-%{::operatingsystemrelease}.yaml"
>>       - "%{::operatingsystem}.yaml"
>>       - "%{::kernel}.yaml"
      - "%{::operatingsystem}-%{::virtual}.yaml"

and the value get's knocked out. Unfortunately now values higher in hiera.yaml don't. I created a bug report.