Also, the "puppetserver ca list" returns errors. Excerpt:

/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/protocol.rb:44:in
`connect_nonblock': SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate
verify failed (OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError)
        from /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/protocol.rb:44:in
`ssl_socket_connect'
        from /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/http.rb:948:in
`connect'
        from /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/http.rb:887:in
`do_start'
        from /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/http.rb:876:in
`start'
        from /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/lib/ruby/2.4.0/net/http.rb:608:in
`start'