I'm working on defining NTP servers from Hiera.

For Linux servers I have been using *puppetlabs-ntp*, which has been
working nicely. Now I need to add support for FreeBSD. Above module doesn't
support FreeBSD but I can edit ntp.conf with *file* resource type.

This is where things got complicated, *file* adds extra ["..."] around the
value form hiera, since it's an array. Array type is required for
*puppetlabs-ntp*
Question is how can I get rid of the extra squarely braces and double
quotes?
Rather than using a static file I'd like to stick to hiera since the ntp
can very based on datacenter.

/etc/ntp.conf
server ["169.254.169.123"]

*Desired /etc/ntp.conf*