Hi forum,

I am excited to use Puredyne for the first time.  After months of wandering
listlessly from distro to distro, I keep coming back to it.  It seems to
have everything I want to use/learn.  But every time I try to install I am
halted by a boot error that I do not have the knowhow to deal with.  Here
goes:

Dell Inspiron 600m
Intel Pentium M processor 1400MHZ
using live cd with Puredyne 9.11

live cd boots and works perfectly
install seems to go fine
When I reboot, and every boot following, the process stops at the splash
screen.  There is a message saying:

error: no such device: a9fc945f-feb6-41f8-8593-a2b2b273c8f7
Failed to boot default entries.
Press any key to continue. . .

Pressing any key does nothing but duplicate the same error message ad
infinitum.

Now in my recent distro journeys I encountered this very same scenario one
other time, and it was with Xubuntu 10.04.  (Regular Ubuntu 10.04 works)

And I am afraid that is where this lowly musician's expertise ends.  I will
never give up, but I could sure use some help if anyone sees fit.

Thank you for your time.