Hi,

Just installed Puredyne and it seems pretty good so far but alas no sound.

I open and start qjackctl using ALSA as the driver. It then states:

"creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|3|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:0
control open "hw:0" (No such file or directory)
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1435:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1435:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for playback. Falling back to
capture-only mode
cannot load driver module alsa"

When I run 'alsamixer' I get:

'function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or dir'

In /proc/asound/cards it states 'NO SOUNDCARDS'

I can not remember which atm, but I have a standard laptop soundcard that
works fine with Windows and Ubuntu Studio.

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated!!

Andy