Am 24.09.2012 10:50, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
I tried to improve snapshot behavior a bit:

- take snapshot is now a background task (does not block monitor)

- try to save VM state while VM is online

So downtime during snapshot should be shorter now, especially if the VM
use much RAM.

Feel free to test and report bugs ;-)

Really great! Works pretty good - tested with todays git.

I also tried todo backups with snapshots but this doesn't seem to work:

INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 100 --remove 0 --mode snapshot --compress lzo --storage backuplocal --node serv121
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100 (qemu)
INFO: status = running
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - no such volume 'Stor1:vm-100-disk-1'
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

Greets,
Stefan