Am 27.09.2012 09:26, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
The idea is that we do not backup any snapshot data. The vzdump would
only include the data of from the running instance. I guess that is OK?

But isn't the correct way to make a snapshot and then compress the
snapshot? How can vzdump verify that the data integrity is fine?

I guess I found the source of confusion ;-)

There are different types of snapshots

1.) vzdump snapshots: vzdump uses LVM to make snapshots of VM data

2.) VM (live) snapshots

Those things are currently totally different topics.

ah OK but wouldn't it be nice to be able to backup live snapshots? compress and store them on a seperate NFS server? Also Proxmox only allows to schedule beckups not to schedule snapshots ;-)

Stefan