>>Yes. Maybe we let user choose 'templateid'
>>we need to find a good template naming schema.
Templatename could be defined in the template config file.
So user can rename the template, without renaming the volume
snapname=templateid;

>>What is that (we talked about 'Copy VM', not 'Copy Template')?
Oh,ok, indeed we don't need template to copy.

> Also,where do we need to keep relationship between:
>
> - originalvm -> template ?    (we can't delete the originalvm is a template is
> made from it (sheepdog,rbd,nexenta)

>>why not (we have a snaphot)? - those drivers do not allow that?

Not sure for sheepdog, but rbd,nexenta you can't delete a snapshot if clone
exist on the snasphot.(or storage should have some method to copy baseimage
datas in each clone)

baseimage->snap1

            |->clone of snap1-> you are here

clones are like a writable snapshots, with only new datas inside them, so if
you remove the baseimage, it'll break all clones.

example with rbd, with a baseimage@snap1 + clone1
# rbd ls
baseimage
clone1

# rbd snap ls baseimage
ID      NAME            SIZE
9       snap1   104857600

# rbd rm baseimage
2012-10-04 11:30:50.317113 7fe86cd6c780 -1 librbd: image has snapshots - not
removing
Removing image: 0% complete...failed.
delete error: image has snapshots - these must be deleted with 'rbd snap purge'
before the image can be removed.

# rbd snap purge baseimage
Removing all snapshots: 100% complete...done.
2012-10-04 11:31:34.348645 7fb6abaad780 -1 librbd: removing snapshot from
header failed: (16) Device or resource busy

# rbd snap ls baseimage
ID      NAME            SIZE
9       snap1   104857600