On 07/30/2015 04:02 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
How about:

fieldLabel: 'root ' + gettext('password'),

So it's clear and translation doesn't becomes a problem.
This does not need to be the 'root' password at all (although it is currently)?
Yes, currently it's root. And the code suggests also that is the purpose, in pve-container/src/PVE/API2/LXC.pm we have the following parameter description in the create_vm method:
password => {
        optional => 1,
        type => 'string',
        description => "Sets root password inside container.",
        minLength => 5,
        },
And it's also hard coded root in the Base.pm plugin for LXCSetup:
$self->set_user_password($conf, 'root', $root_password);

and for container it's always the root password, AFAIK. But I have absolutely no problems if it stays like it is :D