Hi,

I have add some strange behaviour of some host last week, (cpu performance
degrading)

and I have found than 3 hosts of my 15 host cluster have wrong cpu frequency.

All nodes are dell r630, with xeon v3 3,1ghz. (all with last bios/microcode
updates , last proxmox kernel)

On the 3 hosts, the frequency was stuck to 800mhz instead 3,1ghz. (note that on
other host, the frequency was not stable, up and down between 3,09 &&
3,2ghz....)

Cpu governor is correctly set to max performance in bios + linux.

It seem to be a problem with intel pstate driver.

I have disabled it with intel_pstate=disable  in grub,  (also can be disable
with CONFIG_X86_INTEL_PSTATE=n)
and not frequency is super stable at 3,1ghz

Has somebody already seen this on xeon v3 ?

I just wonder if we could disable pstate driver by default? (user can still use
cpufreq and other governors without pstate).