On 09/20/2016 07:43 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
One thing that I think it could be great,

is to be able to have unique vmid across differents proxmox clusters.

maybe with a letter prefix for example (cluster1: vmid: a100 , cluster2:
vmid:b100).

I would use the clustername as a "namespace" for this, as its already unique in a network. So we keep the VMIDs as they are but use the cluster name for resolving the correct one, between-cluster-movements could be done with assign and remapping VMIDs if there's a conflict, but there we would need also handle left over backups and such stuff from the VM. Same problems would always arise if someone "merges" such clusters with VMs already on them.

Like this, it could be possible migration vm across cluster (offline, or maybe
even online),
and also share storage across cluster.

My use case I thought about was moving VMs from testing to production setup (not live, at least at the beginning ;) ), and also mainly as you say, that storages could be shared between clusters. But I have not looked into what all needed to change, I guess there are a lot of places and it needs some good design if done. breaking compatibility to older setup is not quite an option, imo.

It could be great for ceph too, if you want to share a pool between differents
cluster.
(we can create multiple pool in ceph, but with too many pool, this increase the
number of pg, which is bad for ceph)