Hi mir,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Michael Rasmussen <m...@datanom.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:54:29 +0200
> Andreas Steinel <a.stei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And I can't see how ZFS-over-NFS would be any different than
>> ZFS-over-iSCSI? Am I see this so wrong? What are the usecases for
>> ZFS-over-iSCSI exactly?
> Three obvious advantages:
> 1) Better performance
> 2) Lower CPU usage
> 3) Support for TRIM/Discard via SCSI UNMAP

Compared to what? Of course not local ZFS, because everything applies
also to local ZFS. TRIM support is the only point I understand in
comparison to "ordinary" iSCSI backed on "fat" files.

I thought, that ZFS-over-iSCSI is superior to iSCSI because of the ZFS
features, therefore ZFS-over-NFS has the same ZFS features, but as a
file storage for container. No ordinary NFS has support for snapshots
or quota directed by PVE, so this would be a real benefit. Also, you
have a clusterwide-shared ZFS for KVM and LXC. In my opinion: it's the
dream, isn't it?