On 02/09/2018 03:23 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
with my patch as it is, only root can change the option

afaics there is no option to set the target file (at least not on the
commandline) only 'TMPDIR' via an environment variable (but i guess this
is not what we want since it changes the location of all tmpfiles of qemu)

I always rejected this kiosk mode because we found no clean solution. One idea
was to use storage snapshots, and rollback at start...

but we actually have it already in?
i just have to set 'snapshot=on' on every disk and have the same behavior, adding the 'kiosk' config is just convenience