Hi,

Some time ago I did some (non-extensive) tests and I didn't like what I saw. It seemed LVM wouldn't warn when a RAID1 had a failed disk, LV seemed to behave wrongly and so on.

If your environment allows it, I recommend to use mdraid, even if your have to do it on different PV LVs; although it'd be better to use disk->md->lvm .

Cheers
Eneko