Soft-mounting NFS introduces the *possibility* of accidental (and silent) data
loss in corner cases, however.  There's a lot of strident "soft-mounting is
dangerous!" rhetoric on the net, it is a reasonable option in many cases as
long as you understand the corner cases where data loss can occur silently and
either mitigate them or deliberately accept the risk in exchange for the
benefits of soft-mounting.

Personally, I use "soft,intr" in almost all cases, but that's because I'm
willing to accept the possibility of silent data loss if my NFS server goes
down moments before my PVE servers.  (Note that silent data loss in a QCOW2
file could also mean the QCOW2 file becomes corrupt and unusable... the same
applies to VMDK, but should theoretically not be a problem with RAW.)

-Adam