Mandi! Adam Thompson
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Soft-mounting NFS introduces the *possibility* of accidental (and silent)
> data loss in corner cases, however.  There's a lot of strident "soft-mounting
> is dangerous!" rhetoric on the net, it is a reasonable option in many cases
> as long as you understand the corner cases where data loss can occur silently
> and either mitigate them or deliberately accept the risk in exchange for the
> benefits of soft-mounting.
> Personally, I use "soft,intr" in almost all cases, but that's because I'm
> willing to accept the possibility of silent data loss if my NFS server goes
> down moments before my PVE servers.  (Note that silent data loss in a QCOW2
> file could also mean the QCOW2 file becomes corrupt and unusable... the same
> applies to VMDK, but should theoretically not be a problem with RAW.)

There's some guidelines about NFS for proxmox? I'm using an NFS-mounted
dir for backups, and the ''nfs server'' are on one of the three node
(3jane), where i've in /etc/exports:

        /srv/pve        tessier(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
ashpool(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
3jane(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

Mount options are:

        root@3jane:~# grep 3jane /etc/mtab
        3jane:/srv/pve /mnt/pve/Backup nfs
rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=10.5.1.13,mountvers=3,mountport=37667,mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=10.5.1.13
 0 0

And, supposing for the 'bootstrap' problem (the node are trying to
unmount a FS that was mounted by the server itself, and the NFS server
is just stooped ;), rebooting node 3jane is a bit problematic. ;-)

I've set:

        options vers=3,soft,intr

on /etc/pve/storage.cfg, but there's some optimal/preferred/useful nfs
export options also?

Thanks.

PS: backup is only a scratch space, all data then get transferred to
 tapes.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                                     GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123