On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:28:12 +0200
Kevin Lemonnier <lemonni...@ulrar.net> wrote:

> Yes, something like VMWare's DRS would be great to have. For now I "load
> balance" by hand when I get a load alert
> on a host, or when a client complains that the VM is slow. I was thinking of
> automating that through the API,
> I already have an external tool to manage routing the IPs depending on where
> the VM is running, guess it'd be
> easy enough to query the ram or CPU and try to move VMs, but that'd require
> some heavy testing that I don't have
> the time for right now.
> It's on my todo though, as long as Proxmox doesn't come up with something
> similar in the meantime.
Something like this has been discussed in the past. IMHO a load balance
mechanism based on:
1) CPU cores
2) Memory
3) Network bandwidth

Would be great. Also note that automatic load balance should only be possible
VM's fulfilling requirements for running as HA. This means HA pools can
be taken into consideration when moving a VM.

Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Mr. Rockford?  You don't know me, but I'd like to hire you.  Could
you call me at...  My name is... uh...  Never mind, forget it!
                -- "The Rockford Files"

pve-user mailing list