Hi,

Not trolling, just curious about a thing you said...

El 26/10/16 a las 18:20, Michael Rasmussen escribió:
I also need the battery for smart arrays?

If you do not plan to use ZFS, which sort of nullifies the use of a
RAID controller, then yes. If you care for your data a BBU is
absolutely vital and will give you a noticeable performance boost.
I understand that BBU improves performance, but in what way does it "care for your data - absolutely vital"?

My understanding is that in fact it does add some risk to your data if RAID controller fails - bye bye write cache data!

Thanks
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico