On 11/08/2016 10:01 AM, Angel Docampo wrote:
Hello,

I would like to suggest a feature, or to know how do you do to (if you
do it), when want to add the VMs to more than a pool.

As an example, if I have several pools of VMs, say "Development",
"Systems" and "Lab", I would like to let some users/groups both from
developer and system groups to control the VMs from pool "Lab" with some
elevated privileges like poweroff, CDROM, etc to install and configure
the VM before entering production.

I cannot see how to acomplish this, because one reource (VM/storage) can
belong only to one Pool. As far as I can see, there are two options, let
the pools be hierarchical or let the resources belong to more than one
pool.

if i understand you correctly, you want to achieve something like this:
vms:

Pool System:
vm 100 - 105

Pool Development:
vm 106 - 110

Pool Lab:
vm 111 - 115

Users:

user  1 - 10 : access to system
user 11 - 20: access to development
user 21 - 30: access to lab

now you want user 5 and 15 grant access to "lab" machines?

i would do it like this:

create for each pool a user group (under datacenter -> Permissions -> groups)

grant each group the right permissions (under datacenter -> permissions)

and now add the group for system to user 1 -10 and so on
but also add the lab group to user 5 and 15

is this what you wanted?