On 05/04/2017 04:10 PM, Adam Carheden wrote:
On 05/04/2017 12:39 AM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
As Dietmar hinted: you can configure how many votes a node provides
(must be >= 1).
Not true:

Saw that actually myself just after writing because we then discussed it here :-)

# pvecm status
Membership information
     Nodeid      Votes Name
0x00000004          0 192.168.0.11 (local)
0x00000003          1 192.168.0.203
0x00000001          1 192.168.0.204
0x00000002          1 192.168.0.206

...but I assume that you meant "not advisable" rather than "not
possible". Does anyone know the consequences of giving a node 0 votes?

Not really tested would rather hit the nail.
You can do this, it should work just fine, with the natural consequence that this node has no influence on quorum. It can receive cluster traffic without problems, but there may be some implications which do not come to my mind at the moment.