On 09/18/2017 11:12 PM, lemonni...@ulrar.net wrote:
Unfortunatly proxmox doesn't really use that for everything, it uses the
machines hostnames and you can't do anything about it.

If you do something like pvecm add pve01 -ring0addr 10.1.1.XX you can
force corosync to use your local network, but if your hostnames resolve
to public IPs, VM migration and stuff like that will use that anyway.

There's /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg with its migration property, you can set an
IP for the external migration network (gets used for storage replication too
then).

It would be great to have an option to make proxmox use something else
than the hostname, but as far as I know there is no real way around it
for now.

man datacenter.cfg

cheers,
Thomas