Hi,

El 02/02/18 a las 12:59, Uwe Sauter escribió:

This is a very important message for all users of Proxmox. Is there any
announcement on the lists for it?
This kernel is already quite old and you should install always latest packages
anyway. So no, there is no extra information
besides the well known sources about each single bugfix.
Don't know what you consider "quite old", but our servers were last updated on
15th january 2018. I really thought that we were on
bleeding edge versions... :-)

Also, it doesn't seem reasonable to think that users will be checking dayly?
for kernel updates and installing them *and
rebooting* the server... :)
For checking, that's where monitoring software is for… I have Nagios checks
that keep me informed if there are any new packages
available.

Regarding reboots: well, that's why you run a cluster so you are able to reboot
hosts without interuption of the serivces provided
by VMs…
Sure, but some user's don't have shared storage, or have just one server.

Also, you just always install de latest available versions inmediately, so that... you get also the broken versions like this kernel? Very good for maintaining services provided by VMs... ;)

Cheers

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico
Binovo IT Human Project, S.L.