On 8/7/19 10:37 AM, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
Hello,

I have a active - cold backup pair of 5.4.6 hosts and I solely run LXC containers.

On the active host I've set up daily backups and they have been running fine.

The only problem is they don't rotate, i.e. old ones never get deleted.

I've tried setting "maxfiles: 25" in /etc/vzdump.conf but after last backup run I can see 56 files under /var/lib/vz/dump (28 .lzo + 28 .log).

I could work around this problem with a bash script but would prefer Proxmox to handle it.

Please advise.

the 'maxfiles' parameter is counted per guest, so setting it to 25
means for each guest 25 backpus will be kept

there is not setting to have such a limit for all backups on a storage together