>Performance-wise, they should be almost the same. qcow2 is a bit more
complex than a raw file/partition, but I don't think you'll notice any
impact.

i did test that a while ago and got very different results, qcow2 was
much slower on my system. cannot provide details, though (did not save that)

i recommend reading
https://serverfault.com/questions/407842/incredibly-low-kvm-disk-performance-qcow2-disk-files-virtio
and compare yourself....

roland

Am 09.03.20 um 13:35 schrieb Eneko Lacunza:
Hola Leandro,

El 9/3/20 a las 13:21, Leandro Roggerone escribió:
Thankyou Eneko ,
Are features / performance difference between those formats ?

Take a look at:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage

Performance-wise, they should be almost the same. qcow2 is a bit more
complex than a raw file/partition, but I don't think you'll notice any
impact. Maybe others can comment on this.

Saludos
Eneko

Regards,
Leandro.

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

El lun., 9 mar. 2020 a las 9:17, Eneko Lacunza (<elacu...@binovo.es>)
escribió:

Hola Leandro,

El 9/3/20 a las 13:11, Leandro Roggerone escribió:
Hi guys, after install pve , would like to create my first VM.
I noticed that only available format is raw.
Question is:
Is qcow2 deprecated ?
What are differences between them ? (I already google it but is not
100%
clear).

This is my storage configuration is.
root@pve:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
          path /var/lib/vz
          content iso,vztmpl,backup

lvmthin: local-lvm
          thinpool data
          vgname pve
          content rootdir,images

You need a file-type storage (i.e. dir type) to be able to use qcow2
format. Default local-lvm is lvmthin and only logical volumes in raw
format can be created (no raw files are created in fact).

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico