Dear all,

I intend to use cp.x to perform constant temperature simulations. The document
cp_user_guide.pdf, recommends adding a random displacement to ions before
switching on the thermostat and not to increase the temperature too much. In
order to achieve a high temperature ~ 800-1000 K, the random displacement must
be increased in the 1st step. Based on my microcanonical simulations, I found
out that adding a very high random displacement of ~0.9-1 a.u. gives the
required average temperature for my system. So, my question is: is it okay to
first run a micro canonical simulation with such a high random displacement to
achieve a temperature close to the required (high) temperature and then turning
on the thermostat?

Thank you,
--
Zeeshan Ahmad