In the Dynamics of Condensed Matter group  <>we are aiming to develop novel
computational methods to study complex many-body systems such as liquids,
interfaces, solutions and solids from first-principles. Along those lines we
have multiple PhD and postdoctoral research positions to offer, funded by an
ERC starting grant. Each project consists of both, method development and
application.

Potential candidates should have a Master degree in Chemistry, Physics, or
related discipline and a strong interest in computer simulations as well as
programming. Basic experience with Linux, numerical methods of theoretical
physics/chemistry, electronic structure methods and/or molecular dynamics are
desirable - but specific knowledge of any of these areas is less critical than
exceptional intellectual ability and a demonstrated track record of achievement.

Consideration of the candidates will begin immediately until the position is
filled. Applications in electronic form including contact information of at
least two academic references should be directed to tdkue...@mail.upb.de
<mailto:tdkue...@mail.upb.de>.

Prof. Dr. Thomas D. Kühne
Dynamics of Condensed Matter