I think spin unpolarized calculations in that case miss a large exchange correlation contribution coming from spin alignment. Isolated Mn2+ should have total magnetization equal to 5 (i think). You can set this from input. Or you can just let the code find the minimum by itself.

you can use martina-tuckerman option to decouple periodic images.
It's very important for charged systems.
That should reduce the size of supercell needed to have stable numbers.

stefano